The fall is the best time of year, do you know why? It’s apple season! There are so many fun things to do with apples. Here is a collection of some of my favourite apple activities.
1. 3D Paper apples
2. Apple Prints
3. Apple Seasons Book
4. Bingo Dabber Apple Trees: This craft is great for 1-2 year olds as the dabber is easy to hold and they love to bang their hands. Do hand-over-hand until they get the hang of it. Just be careful the ink IS NOT WASHABLE, use a smock.
5. TP Roll Trees
6. Apple lacing: Have your child paint a paper plate red, green, yellow or brown. Punch holes around the perimeter of the plate. With a piece of yarn have your child “sew” around the edges. Add a construction paper stem and leaf.
1. Buy some apples in a variety of colours and sizes at your local grocery store, farmers market or orchard and
Songs & Poems:
10 Little Apples (tune: 10 Little Indians)
1. Visit your local orchard, farmers market or grocery store. See how many different types of apples you can find.
2. Visit the library and look for some apple themed books. Some of my favourites are: